public private partnerships
WHAT WE DO
Alternative funding methodologies are becoming increasingly important as public sector clients want to structure projects that involve the private sector and capture innovation, risk transfer and value for money benefits. Cranleigh's Australasian PPP team offers extensive experience in structuring engagements between the public and private sectors.
HOW WE DO IT
Services offered by the team include:
- Feasibility studies and business cases
- Financial modelling
- Public sector comparators
- Evaluation of services
- Risk analysis
- Financial structuring
- Market soundings
- Procurement and KPIs
- Governance and operating structures - design and implementation
- Policy and strategy
WHAT WE HAVE DONE FOR OUR CLIENTS
- Developed for Rodney District Council a PPP business case for the proposed $200m Penlink toll road. Work involved financially modelling Penlink over a 35 year period, developing different financing structures and public sector comparators, considering alternative business options and performing risk analysis and developing policies. The council approved the project and presented a case to the Government for funding.
- Advised on the development of the business case, structuring and negotiations for Titanium Park, a $300m PPP commercial development on airport land and involving Hamilton International Airport, Council and McConnell Properties
- Advised Housing NZ on social housing structuring, including financial and operational options, development delivery mechanisms and use of PPPs to address a $2b backlog of housing maintenance.
- Prepared a PPP case for Capital Coast DHB and ABI Rehabilitation to develop a new, purpose built regional rehabilitation centre. Work included developing a financial model to support the business case, developing an operating and governance model that devolved rehabilitation services to the private sector while maintaining DHB interest in cost efficiency and patient care, and developing robust admission criteria and stakeholder engagement.
- Advised Whangarei District Council on the development of the $20m Puwera Landfill. Work included preparing a PPP business case, a valuation and recommendations on corporate structure, governance and the sell-down of shares to other councils.
- Reviewed the governance and operational options for Queenstown Lakes District Hospital to integrate primary and secondary care to achieve better resource allocation.
NZ AND AUSTRALIA
- Developed a business case, financial modelling, implementation plan, on-street parking charges and PPP options to build a parking building in Orewa as part of Rodney District Council's long-term parking policy.
- Developed the funding and development options for a new $500m Supreme Court Building in Victoria. The role included development of financial models for various funding and PPP structuring options.
- Member of three firm consortium providing the Government with the $1b Maldon to Dombarton Rail Link Feasibility Study. The study covers current and future demand for the line, technical requirements and detailed costings for line construction. We provided the financial analysis and advice on the best options to structure and fund line construction. Different PPP arrangements are being considered.