WHAT WE DO
Many large Australasian companies, institutions and government departments have significant investment in property, but it is often the least effectively utilised, strategic resource. Real estate assets should support a company's, institution's or government department's overall business strategy. Our highly skilled property team offers a depth of knowledge attained in the industry over numerous and varied projects, advisory services and implementation to maximise value across all spectrums of property.
HOW WE DO IT
Services offered by the team include:
- Completion and assessment of project feasibility studies and structuring
- Strategic business advice, policy and strategy
- Financial modelling and implementation
- Project structuring and financing with the objective of optimising investment returns
- Transaction management and execution in terms of acquisition, development and funding
- Portfolio reviews, advice and management
- Structuring and implementation of joint ventures and partnerships
- Specialised advice requiring deep commercial and financing experience â€“ e.g. real estate costs as a percentage of revenue or profit; unlocking property value; property strategy; moving property off-balance sheet
WHAT WE HAVE DONE FOR OUR CLIENTS
- Prepared a business case for Porter Davis Homes and land syndication based on a specific property opportunity, including a financial model, draft transaction terms, project management structure and budget.
- Provided a financing and funding analysis for Sydney City's proposed $1b Western Distributor below Grade Relocation Project, unlocking up to 17 property sites. Different development options were analysed.
- Advised a local government authority on the economic viability of future development release areas, involving greenfield and city centre locations, so decisions could be made on infrastructure investment, likely demand and take-up by developers.
- Undertook a strategic review for Auckland Regional Transport Network of the property development and commercial car park opportunities relating to the development of the Auckland regional passenger transport network.
COMMERCIAL NEW ZEALAND
- Lead adviser to Auckland Council Properties on its formal submissions for the Draft Auckland Regional Plan and City Centre Master Plan.
- Lead adviser in undertaking an extensive strategic and commercial review of Auckland Council Properties $900m portfolio.
- Advised Whangarei District Council on a review of its management of a $60m property investment portfolio to improve investment returns.
COMMERCIAL NEW ZEALAND
- Advised Nelson/Marlborough DHB on fund raising, entity ownership and governance structures for proposed Golden Bay Integrated Family Health Centre.
- Advised TRG Group on the proposed greenfield development of a private hospital, including assessment of development options, commercial ownership and governance structures as well as negotiations with potential tenants.
- Appointed by Building & Housing Department to evaluate applications to Social Housing Unit $40m grant to grow social and affordable housing. Work included financial evaluation model, independent advice and recommendations on applications.
- Advised NZ Housing Corporation on PPP and capital/management options to more effectively and efficiently manage its $17b social housing portfolio.
TRANSACTIONS NEW ZEALAND
- Advised Millennium Institute of Sport and Health on its equity capital raising for development of the high performance health and sport centre, including financial modelling, fundraising and tenancy negotiations.
- Advised MOTAT on fundraising for new $24m hangar extension. This included developing the business case, a bank financing proposal and leading the fundraising programme.
TRANSACTIONS NEW ZEALAND
- Developed the business case and associated financial modelling for the expansion of the ASB Auckland Showgrounds, New Zealand's largest exhibition centre. Subsequently led the successful NZ$30m fundraising programme, including raising $10m from central and local government.
- Lead adviser on a review of Auckland regional infrastructure facilities for Auckland City Council. The report was presented to a visiting OECD international team as a key component of the development of facilities in the Auckland region.
- Advised Boral on the business case, development planning and implementation for the redevelopment of the 330ha Greystanes Estate quarry site in western Sydney.
- Analysed, for a Housing NZ company, ways in which parking management, land use, public transport, cycling and walking could be integrated into a 3000 local housing and commercial development on a 300ha site at the former Hobsonville Airport base in Auckland.