WHAT WE DO
Our practice focuses on delivering pragmatic and fitting solutions to professionals, businesses and organisations in the public and private health sectors. Our team has more than 50 years experience in health at chief executive, chief financial officer and chief operating officer level.
Cranleigh brings together an experienced team of experts, both clinical and non-clinical, with high-level experience in commercial analysis and negotiation, integrated care, PPPs, governance, finance, property and facilities.
HOW WE DO IT
- Strategic planning and health needs analysis, including epidemiology, capacity planning and integrated financial modelling
- Models of care
- Financial and economic analysis, including capital structuring and debt and equity capital raising
- Costing, case mix, and operational performance systems
- Quality benchmarking and systems implementation
- Analysis and development of integrated and chronic care models
- Integrated care, project management, process redesign and primary and secondary IT integration
- Governance, including leadership development, board reviews, clinical partnership development
- Structuring and implementation of joint ventures and partnerships
WHAT WE HAVE DONE FOR OUR CLIENTS
- Independent expert adviser to a Select Committee, which was formed to report on improving New Zealand's environment to support innovation through clinical trials. Work involved a comprehensive review of the sector to identify opportunities and challenges. Our recommendation to increase the value of New Zealand's annual clinical trial industry from $50m to more than $100m formed the basis of a Parliamentary report.
- Called in by Auckland DHBs to solve delivery, contract and performance issues around $700m community laboratory contracts in a highly complex atmosphere. Since engaged to look at long-term strategy for managing pathology.
- Selected by Health Ministry as a lead adviser supporting the development of business cases for Integrated Family Health Centres. We are developing strategic business cases for South Auckland localities.
- Conducted a review of the business case and financial model for the establishment of a regional nutrition and food service for Auckland metropolitan DHBs.
- Advised Ngati Whatua o Orakei Health Services on the feasibility of a Whanau Ora Centre in Glen Innes. Our work involved conducting an epidemiology analysis to identify health needs of the target population, reviewing current and future services, identifying facility location options and developing a financial feasibility model.
- Engaged by Health Ministry to develop medical oncology models of care for cancer services across NZ. The project involved workshops to identify opportunities and challenges of service delivery, undertaking capacity and demand analysis at six regional cancer centres, reviewing international case studies to identity best practise, developing role and centre delineation and systems integration model.
- Advised Nelson/Marlborough DHB on governance, legal, banking and financial structures for its Golden Bay Integrated Family Health Centre development.
- Undertook a project for South Auckland Health on primary and secondary health service integration to reduce acute admissions to Middlemore Hospital.
- Advised Mangere Health Resources Trust on a new purpose built facility.
SECONDARY AND TERTIARY
- Developed business cases and financial models for Canterbury DHB's $600m hospital facilities redevelopment project.
- Developed a capital evaluation methodology and process to assist Waitemata DHB with business case development and capital investment approvals.
- Completed a PPP business case evaluation for a Wellington regional centre for rehabilitation excellence.
- Conducted a review of the private hospital market in Auckland and an analysis of Ascot Hospital's market impact.
- Project managed and provided financial advice on privately owned Ormiston Hospital's establishment in Manukau, Auckland.
- Advised a private investor group on the feasibility of developing a new medical centre in the Western Bay of Plenty.
- Advised NZ Health Ministry on the ownership and management options for National Radiation Laboratory.
- Undertook a review of health delivery systems and structures for the Crown, resulting in significant improvement in community buy-in and cost savings.
- Conducted a review of the scope, administration and support needs of the New Zealand office of the Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine.
- Project managed the implementation of a major IT system (case mix) at Health Waikato and Counties Manukau DHB.
- Undertook a strategic review of ITC requirements for Capital & Coast DHB, Wellington.
- Conducted an information management security review for Raukura Hauroa O Tainui, a Maori health provider, in conjunction with bk.up.co.uk and Communio Consultancy.